Lack of Time
I’ve found that there are lots of reasons that keep people from becoming better prepared or more self reliant. But as a young mom one of the top reasons is time, or rather a lack of time.
Most days I feel as though time slips through my fingers as I frantically try to hold on to it and accomplish everything on my to do list…all while wiping noses, washing laundry, wishing for more date nights, kissing booboos, playing taxi, fighting off monsters, rubbing backs, reading stories, and patiently helping with homework.
But really, I don’t think us young moms are alone….
I think that many, if not most, in our fast paced society feel that time slips through their fingers regularly. And when feeling rushed and anxious, it can be difficult to invest time in becoming more prepared and self reliant. Trying to find time to put together an important documents folder or create a food storage plan or put together a 72 hour kit for your family can seem simply overwhelming and even paralyzing at times.
Introducing 10 Minute Preparedness Projects!
Every one of us can find 10 minutes, right? Some may be able to find 10 minutes a day; other 10 minutes a month. But we can all find 10 minutes on occasion.
Every few weeks, I challenge myself to spend 10 minutes on preparedness and self-reliance and I invite you to join me! Nothing overwhelming. Nothing crazy. nothing incredibly time consuming. But, something. You will be doing something. Simple, right?
And sometimes, just getting started on something is all the motivation you need to work on something more. Something bigger. Not always, but sometimes.
10 Min (or less) Preparedness Projects
So pick a project below! These are all the “10 minutes (or less) preparedness projects: I’ve posted about so far:
- 10 min project: 20 Reasons to add trash bags to your supplies
- 10 min project: Put together one jar meal
- Add Photos to Your 72 Hour Kit: 10 min Preparedness Project
- Can Opener: 10 Minute Preparedness Project
- Check Your Smoke Alarms – A 10 Min Prep Project
- Frozen Water: 10 Minute Preparedness Project
- Home Safety Checklist: 10 Min Preparedness Project
- Home Video Inventory – A 10 Min Prep Project
- ICE Phone Apps for Your Lock Screen: 10 Minute Preparedness Project
- Is your gas tank half full? A 10 min prep project
- Keep your power out supplies together: A 10 min prep project
- Know Your Numbers: 10 Minute Preparedness Project
- Learn how to turn off utilities – A 10 min Prep Project
- Meet a Neighbor: 10 Minute Preparedness Project
- Plan to help elderly neighbors in winter: A 10 min Prep Project
- Print 5 Recipes: 10 Minute Preparedness Project
- Sleep Station: 10 Minute Preparedness Project
- Stash Cash: A 10 Min Preparedness Project
More coming soon! I post about two Ten Minute Preparedness Projects each month!